Milan rule out Inzaghi exit
Filippo Inzaghi has admitted he is considering his future but AC Milan insist he will not be leaving.
By Simone Bargellini
Last Updated: 08/11/10 5:18pm
Filippo Inzaghi has admitted he is considering his future but AC Milan insist he will not be going anywhere.
The veteran striker demonstrated last week that he can still compete with the best in the business even at the age of 37 by scoring two goals against Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League.
However, he was then left out of the side to face Bari on Sunday and concedes that it can be frustrating to not play regularly.
Inzaghi claims to have attracted interest from elsewhere and will mull over his options in the New Year if he is not getting more game time.
"My future? I want to be still important. I have received two offers and I am glad that someone still looking for me," he told Rete Quattro.
"I don't want to be employed only in moments of despair, but let us see in two months.
"I have an incredible affection for Milan but I still really want to play and I feel good."
Vice-president Adriano Galliani has made it clear that he has no intention of letting Inzaghi leave.
"I have already told Pippo: 'You have been after a contract renewal for a year and now there is no chance that I am letting you leave'. He will stay with us," Galliani revealed.
"At great teams even champions have to stay on the bench. Coach (Massimiliano) Allegri trains them all week and knows which players are in the best shape."