Milan rule out Carroll
AC Milan do not think they need to sign another striker amid new reports linking them with Liverpool's Andy Carroll.
By Nadia Carminati & Simone Bargellini
Last Updated: 28/08/12 7:44pm
AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani does not think the club need to sign another striker amid new reports linking the Serie A giants with Liverpool's Andy Carroll.
The £35million man was this summer expected to leave Anfield, as he seemingly does not fit into the plans of new manager Brendan Rodgers.
Carroll's former club, Newcastle United, are interested along with West Ham United while Milan were also thought to be monitoring the situation.
But with the Italian club set to sign Bojan Krkic to add to their existing attacking options, Galliani has quashed the links to England international Carroll.
The Milan official told Italian media when asked about the 23-year-old: "We already have many forwards."
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers last week said he would 'need to be a nutcase' to let Carroll leave on loan but speculation of a permanent exit has not gone away ahead of Friday's transfer deadline.
Carroll played just the final six minutes of Sunday's draw with Manchester City and it has been suggested he will be sold to raise money for signings.
Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and Joe Cole have also been reported as players who Rodgers is prepared to let leave in order to fund a move for Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge.