Chris Coleman undecided on future with Wales despite victory over Macedonia
Chris Coleman has played down reports of a rift with Football Association of Wales chief executive Jonathan Ford.
Last Updated: 12/10/13 5:54pm
Coleman agreed a new two-year deal with the FAW a month ago, but defeats to Macedonia and Serbie led to the contract offer being put on hold until the World Cup qualifying Group A campaign is over.
Coleman boosted his chances of keeping his job on Friday as a patched-up team beat Macedonia 1-0 to move the Dragons off the foot of the table, although he admits he is undecided about signing a new deal because of what he sees as short-termism at the Association.
However, he says he has no personal problem with Ford despite his comments that Coleman needed to produce in the final two qualifying games.
"I spoke to him before the game, he sent me a text wishing me good luck as he always does," he said.
"I have never had a problem with Jonathan, he has a job to do. Sometimes when someone puts a microphone in front of your face you say things you think maybe you shouldn't have said.
"The FAW will have their ideas of where they see Welsh football going as they are entitled to, but whatever happens after these games will happen.
"Last month the contract was agreed and there for me to sign, after two defeats I wasn't able to sign it.
"I cannot sit here telling you my mind is made up, because it isn't. Is Jonathan behind me? You would have to ask him that."
Wales take on Belgium, who sealed their qualification with a 2-1 win over Croatia on Friday night, live on Sky Sports 3 on Tuesday 15 October.