Transfer news: Manchester City's John Guidetti waiting on Celtic loan move
Last Updated: 04/09/14 5:31pm
John Guidetti is still hopeful that a loan move to Celtic can be pushed through but says he is prepared to wait for six months if necessary.
Celtic tried to sign the Swedish striker on loan from Manchester City on Monday and a switch appeared to have been agreed, but failure to complete the paperwork before the 11pm deadline left Guidetti in limbo.
The Scottish Football Association is to appeal to FIFA on the club’s behalf to get the loan move ratified, and Guidetti is still optimistic.
“The move looked to have gone to pieces but now the club has enabled the SFA to take up the matter with FIFA in the hope an exception can be made,” he told Swedish paper Dagens Nyheter.
Celtic felt good and it was the only club for me. The fans are very passionate and it would be nice if the deal went through.
“Celtic felt good and it was the only club for me. The fans are very passionate and it would be nice if the deal went through.”
Guidetti knows there is a chance that he will not be allowed to join Celtic, and if that is the case he is determined to fight for a place at Man City.
The 22-year-old is keen to play regularly, though, and would be keen for Celtic to revive the deal in the January transfer window.
He said: “If it happens, (a move to Celtic) fantastic, and if it doesn’t, I still belong to a great club in Manchester where I will fight for a place. I’ll still train with the best players in the world and constantly evolve.
“The talks were concluded on time but I don’t know if they had time to submit the papers.
“There is much to be done which is out of my hands. I just sign pieces of paper and play football.
“It’s sad, of course, but sometimes there is nothing you can do.
“I feel in great shape as it’s been great to get a long pre-season with City. But I miss getting to play games, it’s what I live for.
“I love playing football and I will continue to do so and, if I have to wait another six months to do it, so be it.
“I cannot just give up so if it is six months I’ll just accept it.”