Henrik Stenson - Profile
Henrik Stenson: Strong record in the US PGA
Had a sensational second half of the season in 2013 and now in hot pursuit of a first major title.
* 8 European Tour wins. First was 2001 Benson & Hedges International Open. Most recent was 2013 DP World Tour Championship, Dubai.
* 4 PGA Tour wins. 2007 WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, 2009 Players Championship, 2013 Deutsche Bank Championship, Tour Championship
* 2013 - became first player to win FedEx Cup on the PGA Tour and European Tour's Race to Dubai in the same season
* Fell from 4th in world rankings in May, 2009 (after winning Players Championship) to 230th in February, 2012 after big dip in form. Current world No 3.
* Played in two Ryder Cups (2006 and 2008). Holed winning putt in 2006 Sunday singles.
* Three top sixes in last four US PGA appearances, including third at Oak Hill in 2013.
- Nationality: Sweden
- Date Of Birth: 05/04/1976
- Birth Place: Gothenburg, Sweden
- Height: 6ft 1
|2015||The 144th Open Championship||T40||73+70+71+69||283||-5|
|2015||BMW International Open||2||67+71+69+65||272||-16|
|2015||The Players Championship||T17||72+69+73+68||282||-6|
|The Open Championship||T40||T38||2||-||68||T3||T13|
|US PGA Championship||-||T3||3||-||-||T142||T6|
Henrik Stenson News
Henrik Stenson remains hopeful he can become the first Swede to win a major but he insists it will not be the end of the world if he misses out.
Henrik Stenson is two shots back at the BMW International Open, where three players share the lead on seven under.
Gary Player has lambasted Chambers Bay and described the US Open as "the most unpleasant golf tournament I've seen".
Wayne Riley provides a breakdown of some of the unusual terminology likely to be used in this weekend's Paul Lawrie Match Play.
Some of the golfers playing at the Paul Lawrie Matchplay EPGA tournament in Aberdeen, were quizzed about the man himself, with mixed results.
Tyrrell Hatton is determined to break into the European Tour's winners' circle sooner rather than later.