Jim Furyk - Profile
Jim Furyk: Runner-up in the 2013 US PGA
The gritty American won the 2003 US Open and was runner-up in the 2013 US PGA Championship.
* Won 2003 US Open at Olympia Fields in Illinois, beating Stephen Leaney by three shots. Score of 272 tied the record for the lowest 72-hole score in US Open history. Since beaten by Rory McIlroy's 268 in 2011.
* Runner-up in 2006 US Open at Winged Foot, 2007 US Open at Oakmont and 2013 US PGA at Oak Hill.
* 16 PGA Tour wins: First was 1995 Las Vegas Invitational. Most recent was 2010 Tour Championship.
* 2010: Won FedEx Cup, PGA Player of the Year and PGA Tour Player of the Year after three-win season.
* Career-high world ranking of 2nd (September 2006). Spent over 360 weeks in the top 10 between 1999 and 2011.
* Has played in every Ryder Cup since debut in 1997. On the winning side just twice in eight appearances.
* 2013: Became just the sixth player to shoot a sub-60 round on the PGA Tour when carding a 59 in the second round of the BMW Championship.
* Played in last two US PGAs at Valhalla: T17th in 1996 and T72nd in 2000.
- Nationality: USA
- Date Of Birth: 12/05/1970
- Birth Place: West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Height: 6ft 2
|2017||The Players Championship||CUT||73+74||147||3|
|2017||Wells Fargo Championship||CUT||74+72||146||2|
|The Open Championship||-||-||T30||4||-||T34||T48|
|US PGA Championship||-||-||-||T5||2||T42||T39|
Jim Furyk News
Jim Furyk expects the thick rough at Gleneagles to cause plenty of problems during the Ryder Cup.
American Jim Furyk reckons the cancellation of Monday's practice session at the Masters may benefit the players.
Jason Dufner produced a rock-solid final round of 68 to claim a maiden major victory in the US PGA Championship.
Watch as Thomas Pieters needed three attempts to get his ball airborne from the thick rough at Wentworth.
Watch how a young fan reacted to meeting his golfing idols as part of a dream birthday present from the European Tour.
Andrew "Beef" Johnston showed off his short game talents with a wedge masterclass at the BMW PGA Championship.