Confidence high for Cheltenham card
Cheltenham are "very, very confident" of racing on Saturday, but still plan a 7am precautionary inspection.
Last Updated: 25/01/13 6:05pm
Saturday's hugely important jumps fixture could be restaged 24 hours later if the track is found unraceable at a 7am inspection on raceday morning.
But with the frost covers having now been lifted, allied to a favourable overnight forecast, hopes are high the meeting will defeat the elements.
Cheltenham communications director Andy Clifton said: "All the frost covers are up, although we've left some sheets down on the take-off and landing areas in case it gets cold.
"All the public areas are cleared, which is also good news.
"It's very cold because it's very windy, but, as things stand, we remain very, very confident.
"If the forecast is right, which they have largely been this week, I think we might be able to give the meeting the go-ahead before 7am."