Sky VR gives fans virtual reality journey into sporting events!
Want to be ringside watching Anthony Joshua? Be in the pit lane with a Formula 1 team? See Team Sky's behind-the-scenes preparations at the Tour de France?
With the launch of the Sky VR app, you will be able to immerse yourself in a range of 360-degree videos from the world of sport, film and arts.
Sky is to become the home of high-quality virtual reality (VR) content with the launch of the brand new app.
Download now on:
Sky is also revealing two brand new VR experiences: Sky Sports: Closer featuring David Beckham. And, coming later this autumn, the first of a series of Sky exclusive commissions - a performance from English National Ballet's production of Giselle ahead of its forthcoming UK tour.
In his second piece of VR content for Sky Sports, David Beckham is seen entering a Sky VR simulator, which takes him and the viewer to visit the world's best sports events at the touch of a button.
At launch the Sky VR app will be home to around twenty different pieces of 360-degree video content from Sky, Disney, Fox Innovation Lab, Warner Brothers, Baobab Studios, Jaunt, Innerspace and Surround Vision.
Content highlights in the app at launch include:
- Star Wars: Red Carpet (Sky Cinema) - get closer to the red carpet at the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Anthony Joshua: Becoming World Champion - see Anthony as you have never seen him before, as he becomes IBF world heavyweight champion
- Disney - two VR experiences from The Jungle Book, enabling viewers to get up close and personal with King Louie and Kaa
- Warner Brothers - Suicide Squad - Squad 360 - viewers can see what it's like being a member of the Suicide Squad during a scene from the film.
- Team Sky - Journey to the Tour - follow the team preparing for their third Tour de France
- F1 - Team Williams - lets fans go behind the scenes of the Williams team, in the pit lane and in car viewing
The app is available to download on a compatible mobile from Google Play or the App Store. The app will let anyone watch immersive Virtual Reality content on a Smartphone either in conjunction with a Google Cardboard headset or in 2D (360 degrees) without a headset. The app will also work when using Samsung Gear VR and Oculus Rift.
Download now on: