Drone Racing 2017 season on Sky Sports Mix
Last Updated: 23/08/17 5:24pm
Drone Racing League is back for 2017 as we head towards the elimination round in London on Saturday July 29, on Sky Sports Mix at 6pm.
With faster drones on bigger courses and new pilots, it promises to be the most thrilling installment yet of the DRL - the global leader of First Person View (FPV) drone racing.
2017 DRL Season
- All 16 pilots compete in 3 of the 4 regular season races
- A Championship elimination round will eliminate the bottom two pilots
- Total points will determine which 12 pilots advance to the Play-Offs
- Remaining six compete for the title of DRL World Champion.
- Eight pilots advance from Play-Offs to London's World Championship
- Winner-take-all championship and a six figure salary
Weighing just 900 grams, the Racer 3 can reach a top speed of 90mph taking under a second to go from 0-80mph and the DRL's team hand build more than 600 identically designed drones.
A cast of 16 elite pilots from across the globe started the season, each flying a custom-designed, hand-built drone, through complex, thematic, three-dimensional racecourses that have been compared to a real-life video game.
DRL 2017 on Sky Sports Mix
|11 - Season Recap||Season Highlights||July 26 (9.30pm)|
|12 - World Championship||Championship Elimation Round||July 29 (10pm)|
|13 - World Championship||Championship Finals||July 30 (11pm)|
Jet is the defending champion and the American will line-up again this year with other pilots from the United States joined by contenders from the UK, Canada, France and Germany.
Follow the Drone Racing League on Sky Sports Mix, with the elimination round in London on Saturday July 29, on Sky Sports Mix at 6pm.