Valentino Rossi became the first rider in MotoGP history to reach 5000 career points after winning in San Marino.
Ryuichi Kiyonari notched his second double win of the British Superbike Championship at Donington Park on Sunday.
Marco Melandri clinched a double win at Jerez to deny deny title hopeful Sylvain Guintoli more valuable points.
John Hopkins left it late before snatching top spot from series leader Shane Byrne in free practice at Donington Park.
Donington Park will host next year’s British MotoGP on a one-off basis before the event moves to the Circuit of Wales.
Marc Marquez continued his dominance of the MotoGP season as he roared to pole at the British Grand Prix.
Marc Marquez failed in his bid to claim a record 11th straight MotoGP victory as Dani Pedrosa won the Czech Republic GP.
- Marquez secures pole No 9
- Wales to stage British MotoGP
- Byrne winless at Oulton Park
- Marquez fastest at Indy
- Lorenzo commits to Yamaha
- Brookes doubles up at Thruxton
- Smrz on pole at Thruxton
- Wins for Kiyonari and Waters
- Restarts fail to halt Sykes
- Nine in a row for Marquez
- Aegerter and Miller win
- Lap record gives Marquez pole
- Sykes captures US pole
- Marquez eclipsed by Espargaro
- Mixed day for WSB leader Sykes
- Sykes fastest in Portugal
- Byrne, Kiyonari share spoils
- Unstoppable Marquez powers on
- Knockhill pole for Kiyonari
- Byrne claims Knockhill record
- Sykes claims Misano pole
- Sykes at the double in Italy
- Marquez hangs on in Catalunya
- Byrne takes another double
- Dani pole as Marquez crashes
- Byrne dominant at Snetterton
- Melandri takes Sepang double
It's July 4, which can only mean one thing: United States’ Independence Day!
Read the thoughts and opinions of Keith Huewen with skysports.com