Jacksonville Jaguars' second annual Playing and Coaching Academy took place in the UK
Last Updated: 19/07/17 1:11pm
The Jacksonville Jaguars’ aim of improving the standard of American football in the UK continued with their second annual Playing and Coaching Academy.
Who was there?
- Super Bowl Champion Mark Brunell, Quarterback
- Hall of Fame finalist Tony Boselli, Offensive Line
- 10-year NFL veteran and Current Jags coach Tyrone Wheatley, Running Back
- Two-time Super Bowl Champion Keenan McCardell, Wide Receiver
- 14-year NFL veteran and current Jags coach Marcus Pollard, Tight End
- Super Bowl Champion Keith KcKenzie, Defensive Line
- Super Bowl Champion Fernando Bryant, Defensive Back
- 5 year NFL veteran Bryan Schwartz, Linebacker
Legendary Jaguars quarterback, Mark Brunell said: "It's great to have American football camps like this in the UK, and we've seen real improvements in the three days we've worked with these young men and women.
"It's been really exciting to see how passionate and committed they are to the game, and it bodes really well for the future of the sport here. I've really enjoyed being a part of it all."
Team GB and London Warriors' Lucie Stewart added: "To be able to have this level of training and access to coaches who have Super Bowl rings, is such a blessing and is integral to developing the talent here, so I'm really excited to be back.
"It is a male dominated sport and I was the only female here last year! This time around I've been joined by fellow women from Team GB and London Warriors so it's great to have them here. We've given the guys a good run on the field, learned from the best in the game and had a lot of fun - We're really grateful to the Jags for the opportunity."
The regular season of home and away matches run from September to December 2017, culminating in PlayOffs from January 6, 2018 and the Super Bowl on February 4, 2018 at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minnesota to determine the world champion.