Wednesday Ayr card the latest to come under threat from snow
Prospects of Ayr staging the first turf meeting in Britain since last Thursday have taken a turn for the worse.
Last Updated: 21/01/13 10:23am
The British Horseracing Authority put on an extra fixture at the Scottish track on Wednesday as it was thought it would escape the worst of the weather.
Until the last 24 hours there were no problems reported, but the meeting is now somewhat in the balance.
Clerk of the course Emma Marley said: "We are perfectly raceable at present. We were 1C overnight and 2C yesterday.
"However, the forecast is for light snow tonight and into tomorrow morning, one to two centimetres.
"We'll have a better idea of our chances in the morning, but the forecast is slightly problematic.
"All we can do is wait and see as it is coming in from the east coast and it is quite heavy over there."