Australia full-back Israel Folau has ruled out any move to Europe or a switch of codes
Last Updated: 16/06/14 9:44am
Australia full-back Israel Folau has ruled out any move to Europe or a switch of code back to league before next year's Rugby World Cup in England.
The Wallabies star remains committed to the 15-man game having scored an impressive 11 tries in 17 Tests.
Reigning Heineken Cup and French champions Toulon have expressed an interest in the explosive runner whose contract comes to an end with Sydney-based Super Rugby team New South Wales Waratahs next year.
Toulon are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, boasting a star-studded roster including former Wallabies backs Matt Giteau, Drew Mitchell and the newly-signed James O'Connor.
I don't know what the future holds. I'll assess as we get closer but at this stage I'm just thinking about today.
But 25-year-old Folau, who is contracted to the Australian Rugby Union until 2015, said he would not decide his future before rugby's showpiece event which starts in England in September next year.
"There's a lot of options that's going to be presented when that time comes. I'll have a look at everything and see what I do from there," Folau said.
"I'm signed to the NSW Waratahs for next year so that's all I'm thinking about.
"I don't know what the future holds. I'll assess as we get closer but at this stage I'm just thinking about today."
Folau, who scored two tries on debut against the British and Irish Lions last year admits he misses the atmosphere of playing in rugby league's State of Origin, four years since he last represented Queensland against New South Wales.
"I miss it a little bit to be quite honest," Folau said ahead of Wednesday's second Origin game in Sydney.
"But in saying that I'm grateful I've been there before and I'm enjoying where I am right now."