Select a team
- London Irish
- London Welsh
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Cardiff Blues
- Clermont Auvergne
- Racing Metro
- Stade Francais
- La Rochelle
|Home team||Away Team|
||26 - 10||
- European Rugby Champions Cup
- Pool 6
- 19th Oct 2013
- KO 18:00
- Ground: Thomond Park, Limerick
Heineken Cup Pool 6: Munster earn home win over Gloucester
- Live Heineken Cup!
- Heineken Cup preview
- Scarlets v Racing Metro: Teams
- Lam has a spring in his step
- Flood blasts careless Tigers
- McCall - Plenty to play for
- Birthday treat for Davies
- Anscombe bursting with pride
- Easterby: We were fortunate
- Saracens v Toulouse: Teams
- Cardiff v Toulon: Teams
- Leicester v Treviso: Teams
- Zebre v Connacht: Teams
- Leinster v Castres: Teams
- Perpignan v Edinburgh: Teams
- Northampton v Ospreys: Teams
- Munster v Gloucester: Teams
- Montpellier v Ulster: Teams
- Tigers bag bonus-point win
- Harlequins lose again
- Leinster seize control of pool
- Ulster win to take charge
- Scarlets pegged back by Racing
- Connacht cruise past Zebre
- Flood eyeing success
- Zebre v Connacht - Highlights
- Northampton v Ospreys - Highlights
- Saracens v Toulouse - Highlights
- Glasgow v Exeter - Highlights
- Perpignan v Edinburgh - Highlights
- Munster v Gloucester - Highlights
- Montpellier v Ulster - Highlights
- Leicester v Treviso - Highlights
Munster scored a try in each half to beat Gloucester 26-10 at Thomond Park for their first win in Pool 6 of the Heineken Cup.
Tries from Damien Varley and Johne Murphy, plus 16 points from Ian Keatley's boot, was enough for the Irish province to get their campaign back on track after a surprise defeat to Edinburgh last week.
Gloucester, who made 12 changes to the starting XV that beat Perpignan in their pool opener, produced the opening try of the game when Charlie Sharples swooped over on the blindside in the 16th minute.
Keatley had already landed three of his four penalties by that stage but Gloucester remained in touch until Murphy's 68th-minute try sealed the result for Munster.
Munster dominated possession and territory in the opening stages and stand-off Keatley punished a steady stream of infringements from the visitors with penalties in the fourth, 10th and 13th minutes to build a 9-0 advantage.
Gloucester needed a quick response and found one; Sharples diving over after scrum-half Dan Robson switched the direction of attack following an attacking lineout that had been earned via turnover ball.
Jonny Bentley landed the conversion to cut Gloucester's deficit to 9-7 but that was as close as they got.
Munster were rewarded for another spell of pressure before half-time. They opted to kick a penalty to the corner and from the resulting catch-and-drive lineout, hooker Varley was able to touch down.
Keatley converted but his opposite number Bentley kicked a penalty to end the first half and keep Munster's advantage to 16-10.
Munster struggled to break down Gloucester's resolute defence until the final 15 minutes when Keatley's fourth penalty was swiftly followed by the decisive try.
After spotting his winger all alone out wide, Keatley lofted a perfectly-weighted kick into Murphy's hands, who then raced over for the score.
Keatley landed the extras to complete his points haul and a result that sets up the pool nicely heading into round three.Heineken Cup. Click here to bet.
|European Rugby Champions Cup|
|Friday 17th October|
|European Rugby Champions Cup|
|19:45||Harlequins vs Castres|
|Saturday 18th October|
|13:00||Sale vs Munster|
|15:15||Saracens vs Clermont Auvergne|
|19:45||Leicester vs Ulster|
|15:15||Glasgow vs Bath|
|17:15||Racing Metro 92 vs Northampton|
|Sunday 19th October|
|17:15||Leinster vs Wasps|
|15:15||Toulon vs Scarlets|
|13:00||Toulouse vs Montpellier|
|13:00||Ospreys vs Benetton Treviso|
|Friday 24th October|
|19:45||Munster vs Saracens|
|Saturday 25th October|
|13:00||Ulster vs Toulon|
|19:45||Scarlets vs Leicester|
|15:15||Bath vs Toulouse|
|17:15||Montpellier vs Glasgow|
|17:15||Northampton vs Ospreys|
|Sunday 26th October|
|13:00||Clermont Auvergne vs Sale|
|15:00||Castres vs Leinster|
|17:15||Wasps vs Harlequins|
|17:15||Benetton Treviso vs Racing Metro 92|
|Saturday 6th December|
|TBC||Munster vs Clermont Auvergne|
|TBC||Sale vs Saracens|
|TBC||Castres vs Wasps|
|TBC||Harlequins vs Leinster|
|TBC||Ulster vs Scarlets|
Read the thoughts and opinions of Phil Edwards with skysports.com