Wenger keeps Nasri counsel
Arsenal boss has no evidence midfielder has been tapped up by City
Last Updated: 12/08/11 11:02am
Nasri: Reports have claimed he has agreed personal terms with City amid doubts over his Arsenal future
Arsene Wenger says he does not want to comment on reports that Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has been tapped up by Manchester City.
Nasri has been heavily linked with a move to City, who have emerged as favourites to sign the France international after local rivals Manchester United had a bid rejected earlier this summer.
The former Marseille youngster has just 12 months remaining on his contract and reports have claimed he is keen to leave Emirates Stadium.
There have also been suggestions that Nasri will finalise a move to City for a fee in the region of £23million before the start of the Premier League season on Saturday.
And reports coming out of France earlier in the week claimed that the 24-year-old had agreed personal terms on a £185,000-a-week contract.
Nasri is set to miss Arsenal's opening game of the campaign against Newcastle United and Wenger had said at his pre-match press conference that he was not expecting anybody to leave.
When asked whether he was concerned that Nasri had been tapped up Wenger replied: "Are you concerned?
"I don't want to comment on that.
"I feel tomorrow is a big game at Newcastle and that is much more important than the usual things that happen when people want to buy players.
"I don't know more than you. I've no evidence on it (tapping up)."