Balotelli unharmed after crash

Passenger from one of the cars taken to hospital as precaution

Last Updated: 05/04/12 9:18pm

  • Share:
Mario Balotelli: Has escaped unharmed after a car crash in Manchester

Mario Balotelli: Has escaped unharmed after a car crash in Manchester

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has escaped unhurt after he was involved in a car crash in Manchester city centre on Thursday afternoon, the club have confirmed.

The 21-year-old, who drives a Bentley, was in a collision with another vehicle in Medlock Street, near Deansgate.

City confirmed Balotelli was unhurt in the incident but police have said a passenger from one of the cars was taken to hospital as a precaution.

A statement from Greater Manchester Police read: "Shortly after 3.15pm on Thursday 5 April 2012, police were called to Medlock Street, Manchester City Centre to reports of a collision between two cars.

"The passenger of one of the cars was taken to hospital for precautionary measures.

"Inquiries are ongoing."

City have said Balotelli was not at fault for the incident.

  • Share:

Related

Related Profiles

Most Popular

Features

Who has the best 'keeper?

Who has the best 'keeper?

As the race for the Premier League title heats up, we analyse the top four's goalkeepers...

This time last year...

This time last year...

Leicester were bottom of the Premier League this time last year. They're not the only side whose fortunes have changed. Take a look...

Ox's time to step up

Ox's time to step up

After Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored his first league goal in over 16 months, it's time for the Arsenal youngster to deliver regularly...