Zubar sees season cut short
Defender out for season with back problem
Last Updated: 21/03/11 5:10pm
Zubar: Out for season
Wolves have been dealt a blow with the news Ronald Zubar will miss the rest of the season with a back injury.
Frenchman Zubar, who signed at Molineux from Marseille in 2009, has undergone surgery on the problem, which has been troubling him in recent weeks.
The 25-year-old, who has not featured for Wolves since their 4-0 defeat of Blackpool late last month, is now facing a lengthy recovery.
Manager Mick McCarthy told the club's official website: "Zubes has had his operation on his back and he's out for the season."
McCarthy, whose team are bidding for Premier League survival this season, added: "Ronald's been an important player for us and it's a blow, but we can't do anything about it. His performances have been fantastic."
McCarthy has praised the form of Kevin Foley, who has regained his place in the starting line-up as a result of Zubar's injury problems.
He said: "His performances have been fantastic - we've got another top lad playing there now."
The manager can take some comfort from the recovery of Stephen Hunt and Adlene Guedioura, who have resumed training, although Dave Edwards is still undergoing treatment.
He added: "Hunty and Adlene are back in training but Dave is still struggling with his back. Everyone else is fine.
"We'll maybe get a training game into Adlene at the end of the week before he plays in the reserves against Blackpool a week on Wednesday."