Rosenborg snap up Annan
Ghana star opts to stay in Norway
By Kent Hedlundh. Last Updated: 01/09/08 3:05pm
Annan: Future resolved
Norwegian giants Rosenborg have won the race to sign much sought-after midfielder Anthony Annan from Start.
The Ghana international had been attracting interest from across Europe, with Blackburn and Racing Santander known to be among his admirers.
The 22-year-old even underwent a trial at Ewood Park at the beginning of August in an attempt to showcase his talents.
Rovers were thought to be keen on taking the African ace to England, but have seen the youngster decide to remain in Norway.
Annan was officially unveiled as a Rosenborg player on Sunday and revealed his delight at finally resolving his future.
"I am looking forward to playing here," he said in Adresseavisen.
Meanwhile, Rosenborg have rejected an approach from Serie A outfit Torino for midfielder Alexander Tettey.
The Italians' offer is thought to fall some way short of the four million euros (£3.2million) price tag placed on the Norway intentional, resulting in their failure to take the 22-year-old to Stadio Olimpico.
"The offer is not close to what we feel would be acceptable," said Rosenborg sporting director Erik Hoftun.
"Torino are really interested, but we will not sell unless we get an acceptable offer."
With the transfer window set to slam shut at midnight on Monday, Tetty expects to remain in Norway for the foreseeable future.
"I believe that, but I don't know," said the Ghana-born youngster.
"It is Rosenborg that own me.
"I will play wherever the coach wants me to play. Anthony (Annan) is a terrific player and I look forward to having him in the side."