Warnock won't rule out Becks
Rs boss welcomes Fernandes' interest in former England star
Last Updated: 08/09/11 3:02pm
QPR manager Neil Warnock has refused to write off a shock move for David Beckham when his contract with Los Angeles Galaxy ends in November.
New owner Tony Fernandes hinted at his interest in bringing the 36-year-old former England, Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder to the club on Twitter earlier this week.
And now Loftus Road boss Warnock has admitted 'anything is possible' given the ambition of the man at the helm of the West London outfit.
"About three weeks ago I would not have dreamed to sign Joey Barton so I will never write anything off," Warnock told the Daily Telegraph.
Out of the blue
"The chairman Tony Fernandes has got such [an opinion] - why accept the average when you can reach for the top? That is how he is.
"It came out of the blue. I think anything is possible. He is a very astute businessman."
Beckham is in the final year of his Major League Soccer contract with the Galaxy.
He has spent previous spells on loan with AC Milan and trained with Tottenham in January but a temporary switch to White Hart Lane could not be agreed.
Warnock later admitted he had not held any talks with Fernandes over Beckham, but refused to rule out an interest in the January transfer window.
"No, it is not a discussion [Tony and I] have had," he said.
"I mean obviously it is good news for you lads (the Press) I suppose and nothing much surprises me at the club but it's not something we've talked about, not myself anyhow."
Asked what he would do if Fernandes offered him the player, he retorted: "I think you will have to ask me as and when.
"I've got enough problems worrying about Newcastle (on Monday), I don't want to worry about that (as well).
"We can't sign him anyhow, we can't sign anybody else now until January so why worry?
"I think he is a fabulous professional. I think he has been a great asset to English football, I like him as a person but ask me in January."