Palace fail in Ings bid

Eagles see three bids for Cherries forward knocked back

Last Updated: 04/08/11 12:22pm

  • Share:

Sky Bet

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds

Crystal Palace have seen three bids for Bournemouth striker Danny Ings turned down.

The Eagles made a series of offers for the forward before, during and after a friendly date with the Cherries on Saturday.

The 19-year-old has attracted plenty of interest this summer and Palace are not the only side monitoring his situation.

They have, however, seen their efforts to land Ings amount to nothing so far, with Bournemouth holding out for around £1million for their teenage frontman.

Cherries chairman Eddie Mitchell told the Daily Echo: "We had some verbal offers for Danny from Crystal Palace and they were all turned down. I had one phone call before the game, one at half-time and another one following the final whistle.

Figure

"The figure went up as the game progressed and was £500,000 in the end. It had started a lot lower than that.

"I told them he would cost £1m-plus and said he would not be going for anything less. I am standing firm on this one and there is no room for manoeuvre."

Meanwhile, Palace have confirmed trialist Antonio Pedroza is to remain with the club for a little longer as manager Dougie Freedman mulls over whether or not to offer him a contract.

He was forced to miss the Bournemouth game with a tight hamstring and the Eagles are keen to have another look at him before making a decision on his future.

Freedman told the club's official website: "I've got to make a decision on him over the next week, I've got to get him fit again and maybe get him in a game behind closed doors and then I can make a decision."

  • Share: