Jalal open to Cherries talks
Keeper aiming to reclaim first-team spot from Flahavan
Last Updated: September 7, 2011 2:01pm
Bournemouth goalkeeper Shwan Jalal insists he remains prepared to sit down and discuss a new contract as he looks to reclaim his first-team spot.
Jalal is in the final year of his contract at Dean Court and Cherries chairman Eddie Mitchell suggested last month he would look to offload the keeper following the failure to agree an extension.
The 28-year-old, who has lost his place to Darryl Flahavan this season, respects Mitchell's position, but confirmed he would be willing to resume negotiations.
"I am happy to sit down and talk to the club," Jalal told the Daily Echo.
"It is from the chairman's side that he has said talks are unlikely to reopen, so I have got to respect that.
"I have still got a year to run on my contract, I am still a Bournemouth player and my duty is to Bournemouth.
"I will keep giving 100 per cent as I usually do."
Regarding losing his place to Flahavan this term, Jalal added: "To be brutally honest, I felt I had not done anything to lose my place.
"It was just one of those things - that is football - and I have to take it on the chin and fight to get back that place."