Newcastle inspect ahead of Wednesday card
Last Updated: January 28, 2013 1:22pm
Newcastle's meeting on Wednesday needs to pass an 8am inspection on Tuesday if it is to go ahead.
The course was covered in snow for most of last week and while a thaw is taking place, up to 15 millimetres of rain is forecast which could add to any problems with waterlogging.
Clerk of the course James Armstrong said: "We're struggling a bit but we'll give it another 24 hours just to make sure.
"It is improving slowly, but whether it is improving enough is another matter.
"There is a lot of water underneath the snow and there is another possible 15mm forecast.
"That on top of the thaw is making life difficult.
"So, we'll have a look at 8am when we'll probably make a decision one way or another."