Injured Zubar back with Cherries
Last Updated: March 8, 2013 11:03am
Bournemouth defender Stephane Zubar's loan at Bury has come to a premature end after a serious injury cut short his season.
It was confirmed Zubar sustained cruciate knee ligament damage during last month's 4-1 defeat at Notts County and, after having the damage examined by a specialist on the south coast this week, the 26-year-old is set for up to nine months on the sidelines.
He made six League One starts after moving to Gigg Lane in January.
Speaking to Shakers Player, manager Kevin Blackwell said: "Unfortunately Stephane now needs surgery which will leave him out for anything between five or eight months. It's going to go into next season for him.
"He was terrific for us. I spoke to him and he thanked Bury FC for what we have done for him.
"I've told him that a lot of Bury fans want to thank him and they have become massive Zubar fans."