Sky Sports News has pioneered sports news broadcasting for more than 15 years.
And ahead of our relaunch on channel 401 as Sky Sports News HQ on August 12, we’re looking back at some of the moments that have defined its place in the sporting landscape.
Today we take you back to 2007 when some of the headlines on Sky Sports News included:
- David Beckham signed for the LA Galaxy.
- Australia sealed a 5-0 Ashes whitewash win.
- Shane Warne retired from Test cricket.
- Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer died during the World Cup.
- Manchester United won the Premier League.
- Joe Calzaghe beat Mikkel Kessler to go 44 unbeaten.
Hit the video at the top of the page to see how Sky Sports News covered the big stories of the day.
And remember, from August 12 Sky Sports News HQ will offer even more breaking news across a streamlined TV, digital and mobile service.
Launched for the new football season, Sky Sports News HQ will put the viewer at the heart of sports news with a new schedule, upgraded studio and improved digital services including redesigned apps and integrated social media coverage.
Sky Sports News HQ will launch on Sky channel 401, providing viewers with an unrivalled sports news service plus a showcase of other content on the Sky Sports channels.
For more information, visit www.skysports.com/newshq