Terms & Conditions for the Tight Lines Young Angler of the Month Competition
Terms & Conditions - Tight Lines Young Angler of the Month Competition
1. This competition is open to everyone resident in the UK, Isle of Man, Channel Island and Republic of Ireland aged 16 years or under. You may be asked to provide proof of your age if you are chosen as a winner.
2. You must obtain consent from your parent/guardian before you enter this competition and you must provide your parent/guardian's name, a home phone number and email address when you send in your photo. The competitions promoter may contact your parent/guardian to check that you have their permission to enter the competition.
3. You can enter the competition by sending a photograph of yourself and your catch by email to email@example.com together with your full name, age, postal address, home telephone number of parent/guardian, and some information about the catch (such as when caught, where caught, how caught, the rig, bait and tactics used).
4. The promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of the entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
5. The competition is open all year round with prizes awarded on a monthly basis. For the purposes of the overall prize, the competition runs from 1 June to 31 May.
6. Five winners, including one overall winner, will be selected each month from all eligible entries on a subjective basis by a panel of judges made up of Keith Arthur, the Tight Lines production team and an independent judge (the full names are available on request) taking into account various aspects including but not limited to the following:
a. the quality of the photograph;
b. the quality of the catch;
c. the interest value of the catch including, but not limited to bait, weather conditions, and location;
d. the novelty value of the catch, such as rarity, difficulty; and
e. any particular skill which the entrant displayed in making the catch.
7. Winners' parents/guardians will be notified by phone or e-mail prior to announcement on the show in order to verify that consent by a parent/guardian has been validly given to the promoter to:
a) display winning entries (including but not limited to the entrant's name, age and any photo submitted) on the promoter's website; and
b) pass each winner's details to the competition prize provider, Drennan International) Ltd (Drennan) for the purposes of delivery of the goody bags and arranging the Drennan Tight Lines Young Anglers Day.
8. After the consents have been verified, the five winners (including the overall winner) will be announced live on air during the first or second Tight Lines show of each month and will be posted on the Tight Lines website shortly thereafter.
9. Each winner will receive a goody bag provided by Drennan containing a selection of various fishing tackle/equipment selected by Drennan and suited to the style of fishing displayed in the photo.
10. Prizes can only be sent to a UK, Isle of Man, Channel Island or Republic of Ireland address.
11. The winner will generally receive the prize within two to four weeks from announcement of the winners.
12. The overall winner each month will also be invited to the annual Drennan Tight Lines Young Anglers Day at a fishery to be confirmed and notified to the overall winners with reasonable notice (usually in August). This may include spending the day in the company of experienced anglers and coaches and receipt of tuition and advice. Overall prize winners will have to make their own travel arrangements but food and refreshments will be provided on the day. Each overall winner must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who is entirely responsible for the child's welfare on the day.
13. The photos of each winner together with his/her name and age may be placed on the Sky Sports Tight Lines website indefinitely. Photos will be removed upon request.
14. There is no cash alternative to the prizes and the prizes are non-refundable and non- transferable.
15. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
16. The promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner and award the prize to another entrant in the event that:
a. the promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened any term or condition of entry;
b. a winner has changed address to one outside of the UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Republic of Ireland after the end of the month of entry; or
c. if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the promoter, other entrants or Sky staff which the promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive.
17. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the promoter's control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
18. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
19. The promoter will not be liable for any prize that does not reach the winner for reasons beyond the promoter's reasonable control.
20. The promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
21. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this competition.
22. This competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this competition.
Promoter: British Sky Broadcasting Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.
Date: 30 October 2012