Manny Pacquiao raring to go ahead of Timothy Bradley fight
By Mike Patterson
Last Updated: 29/03/16 12:46pm
Manny Pacquiao says he is excited to be returning to the ring next month following his "long rest" since his defeat to Floyd Mayweather last year.
The 37-year-old Filipino has been out of action since losing his WBO welterweight title to Mayweather on May 2, but he will be back at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on April 9 when he takes on American Timothy Bradley.
The pair have fought twice before with both winning a fight each and Pacquaio has said the deciding rubber will be his final bout as a professional.
Pacquiao enjoyed a workout with his long-time trainer Freddie Roach at the Wild Card Boxing Gym in Hollywood on Monday and told reporters he is raring to go.
"A good thing happened that I take a long rest [after the Floyd Mayweather fight]," he said.
"This is the longest rest I've taken in my career since I started boxing. It's good because when you get back to training you're hungry and excited and happy to be back in the ring.
"Training camp is good. We're all set and ready to fight. Now we're just maintaining our condition for this fight."
Pacquiao, boxing's only eight-division champion, is hoping to make a statement against Bradley and end his career on a high.
"My focus is of course to win the last fight. Before I hang up my gloves it's good to know that my last fight is a win," he said.
Bradley won the first fight between the pair in June 2012 on a controversial split decision with Pacquaio gaining his revenge with a unanimous points victory in April 2014.
My focus is of course to win the last fight. Before I hang up my gloves it's good to know that my last fight is a win.
Pacquaio expects the third fight to be another hard-fought contest.
"It's going to be competitive and more action in the ring," he said. "Especially TB's [Timothy Bradley] body shot and moving inside. So it's good. I'm hoping that he will fight toe to toe with me."