PODCAST: Bob Willis and Ebony Rainford-Brent on England's improved batting and Keaton Jennings recall
Last Updated: 09/02/19 11:51pm
England produced a much-better batting display on day one of the third Test - but the big talking point was the tourists' selection.
Ebony Rainford-Brent and Bob Willis join Charles Colvile to reflect on a day when England rallied from 107-4 with Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler to the fore after another top-order collapse, featuring another failure for Keaton Jennings.
Our guests also discuss…
- why Joe Root has had to eat his words on the best batting approach in the Caribbean
- whether or not Rory Burns and Joe Denly have pushed their case for Ashes selection
- how Stokes has tweaked his technique and played with positivity on the front foot
- why the Windies opted to put England in to bat and how much they missed banned skipper Jason Holder
- why England's team selection 'beggared belief' in Bob's eyes, in particular the 'ridiculous' decision to recall Keaton Jennings at the expense of Ben Foakes
- the thinking behind batting Jonny Bairstow at seven after dropping down the order from three
Watch day two of the third Test between Windies and England live on Sky Sports Cricket (channel 404) from 1.30pm on Sunday.