Michael van Gerwen heads field at 2019 Austrian Darts Open
Last Updated: 07/05/19 11:33am
World champion Michael van Gerwen looks to continue a rich run of form on the European Tour at this weekend's Austrian Darts Open, having won three of the last four titles in 2019.
The £140,000 tournament sees 48 players competing at the Premstättner Halle in Graz from May 3-5.
Welshman and ninth seed Jonny Clayton is defending his title, after he beat countryman Gerwyn Price in last year's decider.
Belgian ace Kim Huybrechts faces UK Open champion Nathan Aspinall in arguably the tie of the first round, while Mervyn King plays Devon Petersen and Steve Beaton meets Mark Barilli.
Wednesday's Players Championship 14 winner Jeffrey de Zwaan will play Benjamin Fasching, who was one of four Host Nation Qualifiers to come through Thursday's knockouts for Austrian players in Graz.
Stephen Bunting, Wednesday's runner-up to De Zwaan, will play Patrick van den Boogaard, who was one of two West & South Europe Qualifiers to make it through Thursday's knockouts.
The 16 seeded players will enter in Saturday's second round, headlined by MVG.
German Darts Championship winner Daryl Gurney will also be in action, alongside Austrian favourite Mensur Suljovic and former World Champions Rob Cross and Adrian Lewis.
2019 Austrian Darts Open
Tournament Draw Bracket - Second Round Onwards
- (1) Michael van Gerwen v Jamie Bain/Steve Lennon
- (16) Darren Webster v Stephen Bunting/Patrick van den Boogaard
- (8) Peter Wright v Andrew Gilding/Chris Dobey
- (9) Jonny Clayton v Dietmar Burger/Tytus Kanik
- (5) Adrian Lewis v Diogo Portela/Ryan Searle
- (12) Dave Chisnall v Kim Huybrechts/Nathan Aspinall
- (4) Daryl Gurney v Boris Koltsov/Johan Engstrøm
- (13) Joe Cullen v Mark Webster/Dirk van Duijvenbode
- (2) Gerwyn Price v Ross Smith/John Henderson
- (15) Ricky Evans v Darius Labanauskas/Michael Rasztovits
- (7) Mensur Suljovic v Raymond van Barneveld/Mark Wilson
- (10) James Wade v Mervyn King/Devon Petersen
- (6) Rob Cross v Jeffrey de Zwaan/Benjamin Fasching
- (11) Michael Smith v Mark Barilli/Steve Beaton
- (3) Ian White v Jamie Hughes/Patrick Tringler
- (14) Max Hopp v Conan Whitehead/Keegan Brown
All games up to and including the quarter-finals are the best of 11 legs, with the semi-finals the best of 13 legs and the final the best of 15 legs.
- Winner: £25,000
- Runner-up: £10,000
- Semi-Finalists: £6,500
- Quarter-Finalists: £5,000
- Last 16: £3,000
- Last 32: £2,000
- Last 48: £1,000
- Total: £140,000
Premier League Night 15 - Thursday, May 9 - FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
|Michael Smith||vs||James Wade|
|Mensur Suljovic||vs||Rob Cross|
|Daryl Gurney||vs||Gerwyn Price|
|Michael van Gerwen||vs||Peter Wright|
The Premier League continues as we head to the FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield on Thursday, May 9. You can also stay up to date with all the action by following us @SkySportsDarts and get all the latest news, previews and interviews www.skysports.com/darts