Brighton vs Burnley preview
Watch match highlights from 5.15pm on skysports.com and Sky Sports app
Last Updated: 22/09/19 7:56pm
Team news, key stats and predictions ahead of Brighton vs Burnley in the Premier League.
Brighton will be without winger Leandro Trossard. Boss Graham Potter has said summer signing Trossard looks set to be out of action until after the next international break due to a groin injury sustained while on duty with Belgium.
Ezequiel Schelotto (knee) could make his comeback, Yves Bissouma (shoulder) is due to return to training next week and Jose Izquierdo (knee) is still sidelined.
Burnley midfielder Danny Drinkwater is expected to be out for several weeks after injuring his ankle in an altercation outside a nightclub.
Sean Dyche was sweating over the fitness of three of his wingers but at least two will be available. Robbie Brady is fully fit after missing the start of the season with a fractured rib while Dwight McNeil has recovered from a tight hamstring. Johann Berg Gudmundsson is touch and go with a calf problem.
How to watch
Follow the action with our dedicated live blog. Highlights of the game will be published at 5.15pm on the Sky Sports website and app plus the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel.
- Brighton are winless in their last seven league meetings with Burnley (D5 L2), losing both matches in the Premier League last season.
- Burnley won this exact fixture 3-1 last season - they've never won back-to-back away league games against Brighton.
- Burnley are unbeaten in their last six Premier League games on the south coast (W4 D2), winning 3-1 against Bournemouth and Brighton in their last two.
- Brighton haven't scored more than once in any of their last 14 Premier League home games (eight goals in total) and are winless in their last seven at the Amex Stadium (D2 L5).
- Burnley have given more minutes to Englishmen than any other team in the Premier League this season (2,712).
I must admit, this is the toughest Super 6 of the season - to be guaranteed a winner is very generous, as these are all tough calls.
Brighton are now finding a way to get around playing Glenn Murray every game. They need to dominate the midfield more. Ashley Barnes is a handful for most teams and Burnley have just gone back to basics, which has worked. Their defence is nice and solid and their midfield is organised, while the Burnley strikers work hard and get their rewards. There is a strategy to it. This is another draw for me.
CHARLIE PREDICTS: 1-1 (5/1 with Sky Bet)
Fantasy Football tip
Ashley Barnes has scored four goals in as many games for Burnley and is available for £8.9m. Play Fantasy Football here.