Diego Costa says Antonio Conte's text message was a 'moment of madness'

Diego Costa feels Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has disrespected him

Diego Costa feels Antonio Conte's decision to tell him he has no future at Chelsea by text message was a "moment of madness".

Costa, who is currently staying away from Stamford Bridge in a bid to force through a transfer to former club Atletico Madrid, said he thought it was "disrespectful" of the Chelsea head coach to inform him in such a manner.

The Spain international has been strongly critical of his employers, and last week accused the club of treating him "like a criminal" - a suggestion laughed off by boss Antonio Conte.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Simon Jordan and Charlie Nicholas believe no player is bigger than the club

His latest comments come on the back of news that his agent, Jorge Mendes, is attempting to broker a return for his client to Atletico, who are the only club he will consider moving to.

Costa was pictured last week training by himself wearing a pair of Chelsea shorts, but has said he does not intend to return to their Cobham training base.

"Conte's text? It was a moment of madness. It can happen, but I thought it was disrespectful," he told MC News.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Diego Costa insists he will not return to London to train with the Chelsea squad

"I always asked to speak face to face with the coach and the board. I never sent [them] text messages, so it shows what kind of person he is.

Also See:

"If something makes me sad about this situation, it's [the fans'] affection as they'd always supported me, even during the delicate moments.

"If I'd been in the team for three years, it was for them and the dressing room, which was very much united. It was a great experience."

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Antonio Conte was left in hysterics when asked about Diego Costa at his press conference on Friday

Costa also reiterated his desire to return to Atletico, who it has been reported are offering more than the £32m they received for the player from Chelsea three years ago.

"I already have in mind where I want to play and I've made it very clear," he said. "[Spain's] a country with which I identify a lot due to the climate and the people.

"I fell in love with Madrid. We have to wait for the right moment."

Around Sky