Liverpool transfer news and rumours
Transfer news, rumours and gossip from Anfield
By Sky Sports Football
Last Updated: 26/05/20 8:34am
The latest transfer news and gossip on the players linked with Liverpool - and those who could leave the club.
The latest players linked with a move to Liverpool...
Timo Werner - After holding a video meeting with Werner during the coronavirus lockdown, Jurgen Klopp could sign the German forward within weeks (Daily Express, May 26); Manchester United have placed Werner on their transfer shortlist, despite Liverpool leading the race for the RB Leipzig striker's signature (Daily Express, May 6); Werner has fuelled talk of a move to Liverpool by admitting he would rather move abroad than join Bayern Munich (Bild, May 2).
Liverpool have told Werner's representatives they need more time to decide on whether to make a formal offer for the 24-year-old as they wait to see what impact the coronavirus will have on the next transfer window (The Guardian, May 5); The RB Leipzig forward is ready to sign for Liverpool if they pay his £52m release clause before it expires on June 15 (Sky Sports News, April 24)
Rav van den Berg - Liverpool have been knocked back in their efforts to sign Van den Berg, brother of current Reds defender Sepp (HITC, May 26)
Adama Traore - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp wants the Wolves speed machine to join his champions-elect (The Sun On Sunday, May 24)
Leroy Sane - Manchester City winger Sane is not interested in moving across the north west to join Liverpool, with the Germany international set on a move to Bayern Munich (Bild, May 20)
Diego Carlos - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has added the Sevilla centre-back to his summer transfer shortlist and the 27-year-old has a £67m release clause in his contract (Daily Express, May 22)
Wout Weghorst - Wolfsburg forward Weghorst has admitted he would like to join Liverpool at some point in the future, having been inspired by their You'll Never Walk Alone anthem (Goal, May 20)
Kalidou Koulibaly - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is not interested in signing the Napoli defender and Manchester United transfer target in the summer window, according to reports (Daily Express, May 16); Liverpool have reportedly tabled a lower offer than Newcastle for Napoli centre-back Koulibaly (Daily Express, May 18)
Liverpool have reportedly jumped ahead of Manchester United, Real Madrid and Paris-Saint Germain in the race to sign the Napoli defender (Daily Mirror, May 9); Liverpool are in "pole position" to sign Koulibaly with the defender no longer a priority for LIgue 1 champions PSG (Le10Sport, May 8).
Other players recently linked with a move to Anfield...
- Talles Magno (Daily Mirror, May 16; A Bola, May 5)
- Tanguy Ndombele (The Independent, May 14)
- Kylian Mbappe (Daily Mirror, May 12)
- Thomas Partey (The Sun, May 11)
- Bukayo Saka (Daily Mirror, May 9)
- Eduardo Camavinga (Daily Star, May 9)
- Milot Rashica (Bild, May 6)
- Aster Vranckx (Daily Mirror, May 6)
- Nicolo Zaniolo (Corriere dello Sport, May 18)
- Dominik Szoboszlai (Tuttosport, May 13)
- Ferran Torres (Mirror, April 30)
- Victor Osimhen (Le10Sport, April 29)
- Boubakary Soumare (Sun, April 29)
- Ben White (The Athletic, April 28)
- Willian (Daily Mirror, April 27)
- Philippe Coutinho (Sunday Mirror, April 26)
- Joaquin Correa (Daily Mirror, April 25)
- Adama Traore (Daily Express, April 24)
- Marcelo Brozovic (Daily Express, April 17; Sunday Mirror, April 19)
- Milot Rashica (Bild, April 3; Daily Mirror, April 15)
- Kostas Tsimikas (Leicestershire Live, April 12).
- Diego Carlos (Diario Sport, April 11)
- Adama Traore (The Insider, April 2; Daily Star, April 7; Birmingham Mail, April 12).
- Marcus Thuram (Express, April 6)
- Denis Zakaria (Express, April 6)
- Boubakary Soumare (Sport, April 6).
- Raheem Sterling (Daily Mail, April 1)
- Jadon Sancho (Daily Mirror, March 26; Daily Mirror, April 1)
- Ousmane Dembele (Sport, March 30)
The latest on players linked with a Liverpool exit...
Adam Lallana - Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana could upset supporters if he refuses to extend his contract until the end of the season. (Sunday Express, May 24); Leicester head a pack of Premier League clubs ready to pounce for Liverpool's Adam Lallana (Daily Star, May 23)
Dejan Lovren - The defender appears to be edging closer to an exit from Liverpool, with Roma set to make their move for the 30-year-old Croatian defender. (Gazzetta dello Sport, via Liverpool Echo, May 13)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Atletico Madrid want to swap midfielder Thomas Partey for Liverpool's Oxlade-Chamberlain (The Sun, May 11)
Pedro Chirivella - French side Nantes want to sign the Liverpool midfielder Pedro Chirivella (Mail On Sunday, May 10)
Other players recently linked with a move away from Liverpool...
- Loris Karius (Liverpool Echo, May 6; Daily Star, May 19)
- Sadio Mane (The Athletic, April 2; The Sun, April 14; AS, April 18; France Football, April 22).
- Adam Lallana (The Sun, April 6)
- Curtis Jones (Daily Mirror, April 14)
- James Milner (Daily Star, April 22)
The latest Liverpool contract talk...
Sadio Mane - Liverpool are planning to offer the forward a fresh blockbuster contract that would see him completing his career at Anfield (Sunday Express, May 10)
Georginio Wijnaldum - Liverpool are confident of agreeing a new deal with Wijnaldum this summer amid great uncertainty over their transfer plans (Football Insider, May 5)