Arsenal transfer rumours
Who have Arsenal been linked with this January? The latest rumours
By Sky Sports Football
Last Updated: 21/01/20 8:00am
The latest on the players Arsenal have been linked with this January - and who might leave the club as the Mikel Arteta era begins...
Emile Smith Rowe has joined Huddersfield on loan, Tyreece John-Jules has moved to Lincoln on another loan deal while Dinos Mavropanos has also joined Bundesliga 2 side Nuremberg on loan for the remainder of the season, and Arsenal goalkeeper Deyan Iliev has joined Polish top division side Jagiellonia Bialystok on loan.
The latest players Arsenal have been linked with...
Arsenal appear set to make Paris Saint-Germain left-back Layvin Kurzawa their first signing of the window. The 27-year-old has just changed agents, fuelling speculation he could soon be on his way to north London.
Arsenal are interested in signing Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng, according to Sky Germany, and have now stepped up their chase for the defender.
The 31-year-old, who is predominantly a centre-back but can also play at full-back, wants to leave the Bundesliga club this winter.
However, they could face a challenge from Italy, with AC Milan ready to challenge Arsenal for the signing of Boateng, according to Sky in Germany.
Bayer Leverkusen will resist January offers for Arsenal target Kevin Volland, according to Sky Germany. He has 18 months left on his contract.
Who else have the Gunners been linked with?
- Jude Bellingham, Birmingham [Star On Sunday]
- Dayot Upamecano, RB Leipzig [The Sun, Star On Sunday]
- Jerome Boateng, Bayern Munich [Star On Sunday]
- Franck Kessie, AC Milan [Corriere dello Sport]
- Layvin Kurzawa, Paris Saint-Germain [The Sun]
- Bruno Guimaraes, Athletico Paranaense [Football.London, Daily Mirror]
- Edinson Cavani, Paris Saint-Germain [Metro]
- Samuel Umtiti, Barcelona [El Desmarque]
- Boubakary Soumare, Lille [Mirror]
- Thomas Lemar, Atletico Madrid [AS]
- Wilfred Ndidi, Leicester [Leicester Mercury]
- Dries Mertens, Napoli [Daily Mail]
- Chris Smalling, Manchester United [Daily Mirror]
- James Rodriguez, Real Madrid [El Desmarque]
- Ezequiel Barco, Atalanta [Record]
- Adrien Rabiot, Juventus [Daily Mail]
- Max Aarons, Norwich [Daily Mail]
- Merih Demiral, Juventus [Daily Mirror]
- Hakan Calhanoglu, AC Milan [Daily Mirror]
The latest on those who could leave Arsenal this January...
Mesut Ozil has committed his immediate future to Arsenal.
The German insists the Gunners have been given a lift by new manager Mikel Arteta, who has put his faith in Ozil after former boss Unai Emery removed him from the first team picture.
Ozil said: "I am very pleased with my contract that will continue here this year and the year after. I can't tell you what the future will bring, I'm excited about the future, but I don't know what's going to happen."
Any deal between Arsenal and Atletico involving Lacazette moving to Spain could also mean France forward Thomas Lemar coming to the Emirates.
Granit Xhaka had agreed terms with Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin, according to the Arsenal midfielder's agent.
Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol City were all interested in taking Arsenal forward Eddie Nketiah on loan until the end of the season, but the striker will be staying at the Emirates after talks with Mikel Arteta.
Who else could depart the Emirates?
- Alexandre Lacazette, Atletico Madrid [Daily Mail]
- Shkodran Mustafi, Galatasaray [Daily Mirror]
- Granit Xhaka, Borussia Monchengladbach [Daily Mirror]
- Lucas Torreira, AC Milan [Calciomercato]
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Real Madrid & Inter Milan [El Desmarque & Daily Mirror]
- Ezequiel Barco, Atalanta [Record]
How to follow the January transfer window with Sky Sports
Sky Sports will bring you the very latest news from the January transfer market with the return of three shows.
Start your day with Good Morning Transfers at 9am as our team of reporters bring you the latest news and insight. Transfer Talk then follows at midday delivering analysis of the biggest stories. Then join us at 7pm for the definitive round-up of the day's news with The Transfer Show.
Meanwhile, the Transfer Talk podcast will also be back at the turn of the year with more expert analysis from here and across the continent.
And as well as tuning into Sky Sports News, don't miss a thing with our dedicated Transfer Centre blog.