Simone Zaza is 'seriously considering' a move to West Ham, says player's father
By James Dale
Last Updated: 23/08/16 6:17pm
West Ham are a "concrete" option for Juventus forward Simone Zaza, according to the player's father.
Zaza, 25, has been told he is not part of manager Massimiliano Allegri's plans at Juventus and with West Ham eager to bring in more attacking options before the end of the transfer window, the club are a viable option for the Italy striker.
West Ham boss Slaven Bilic has been left frustrated after record signing Andre Ayew was ruled out for between two and four months following an injury he suffered during his league debut for West Ham, while Andy Carroll is also facing a few weeks on the sidelines with an knee injury.
Bilic said on Sky Sports on Sunday he was meeting with the West Ham chairman and director of recruitment on Monday in a bid to try to get one player in - with the club keen on Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony, according to Sky sources.
However, while Zaza has already attracted reported interest from Crystal Palace and Bundesliga side Wolfsburg this summer, his father, Antonio, has said the Hammers could now represent the best option for his son.
"West Ham are a solution we'd appreciate and represent something more concrete," he told Mediaset Premium. "We'll have to see what Juventus do and we expect news soon.
"We are taking London into serious consideration as his next destination. Simone still has four years on his contract and would happily remain in Turin to give his contribution.
"Juventus don't want to sell Simone to a direct rival. Milan, Napoli and Roma would be the options, we'll see what happens."
Zaza was one of four Italy players to miss their penalties in the Euro 2016 quarter-final shootout with Germany earlier this summer and said he will never get over the defeat following criticism he received for his stuttering run-up.