Three bailed following crowd trouble between West Ham and Middlesbrough fans
By PA Sport
Last Updated: 02/10/16 1:51pm
Three men arrested in connection with crowd disturbances at Saturday's Premier League fixture between West Ham and Middlesbrough have been bailed pending further enquiries.
Two of the three were arrested on suspicion of affray and the third on suspicion of assaulting a police officer.
Supporters were seen confronting each other inside West Ham's London Stadium and then fighting outside, while footage of violence appeared on social media on Saturday evening.
Police said no injuries were reported during or before the 1-1 draw, and blamed "a small minority intent on causing disruption".
A Metropolitan Police statement released on Sunday said: "Three men have been bailed pending further enquiries following their arrests in connection with a disturbance outside the ground following the West Ham and Middlesbrough match on Saturday 1 October.
"A 26-year-old man [A] who was arrested on suspicion of affray has been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in mid-November.
"A 49-year-old man [B] who was arrested on suspicion of affray and possessing an offensive weapon has also been bailed to return to an east London police station on a date in mid-November.
"A 47-year-old man, [C] who was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer, has been bailed to return to an east London police station in late November."
Saturday's incidents, which came after mid-match chants of "We should have stayed at the Boleyn", were not the first since the club's move from Upton Park to the one-time Olympic Stadium at the start of the season.
Ten fans were ejected during last month's 4-2 home defeat by Watford, when both stewarding and segregation was widely criticised.
In a statement released on Saturday, West Ham said: "This behaviour has no place in football and West Ham United, with cooperation from all London Stadium stakeholders, including the police, stadium landlords E20 and stadium operators LS185, will continue to operate a zero tolerance policy on such incidents.
"We must stress that the vast majority of the more than 400,000 supporters who have attended a game at the stadium since August have behaved impeccably, and we will not let the acts of mindless individuals tarnish their reputation."