Antonio Rudiger: Chelsea defender will continue to speak out about racism
"I'll always raise my voice, but in relation to this, I am alone," says Rudiger while Spurs confirm they would revisit investigation if there is new information
Last Updated: 24/02/20 9:55am
Antonio Rudiger says he will not give up on speaking out against racism.
Rudiger, involved in an incident that saw Heung-Min Son sent off when Chelsea played Tottenham in December, appeared to be the subject of boos by a section of the Spurs support in the Blues' 2-1 win over their London rivals at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
The Chelsea defender alleged he had been racially abused during the game between the two clubs at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in December, which resulted in the Premier League's anti-discrimination protocol being used for the first time.
Tottenham and the Metropolitan Police both launched investigations but the matter was not taken any further as no evidence was found to support Rudiger's claims.
Rudiger feels let down after speaking out about the alleged discriminatory abuse he suffered and says society is losing the fight against racism.
"Racism has won," he told Sky in Germany. "The offenders can always come back to the stadium, which shows that these people have won.
"It doesn't have to be me, it can be anyone else. They never get punished and in the end, I am the scapegoat.
"I won't give up, I'll never stop raising my voice. I'll always raise my voice, but in relation to this, I am alone.
"It's a disaster. I became a father last Thursday and you start thinking society hasn't come far enough in fighting racism so my kids will probably suffer as well.
"If nothing changes, if young kids don't get good education and parenting, we will lose. We have to be this honest."
A Tottenham spokesperson said: "The club should like to reiterate that we fully support the action that Antonio Rudiger took in this situation and we would encourage any player to do the same if they too are faced with this scenario in the future.
"An exhaustive investigation was undertaken with the Metropolitan Police at the time following the player's allegation and we remain open to revisiting this should any new information come to light."