No Bolton deal for Bullard

Image: Bullard: Not going to Bolton

Bolton will not pursue their interest in Jimmy Bullard after deciding they do not want to meet Fulham's demands.

Megson rules out move for midfielder

Bolton will not pursue their interest in Jimmy Bullard after deciding they do not want to meet Fulham's demands. Bullard's future has been the subject of speculation for some time following reports that negotiations over a new contract at Craven Cottage have stalled. The midfielder has been linked with several Premier League clubs in recent weeks including Arsenal and Tottenham. Reports on Wednesday suggested that Bolton had made the first move and were in discussions with Fulham with a view to making an offer in the region of £5million. However, manager Gary Megson claims he decided days ago that he would not lodge an official offer for Bullard. Megson said: "Loads of agents have been offering him (Bullard). Players are supposed to have one agent, and I can tell you I've had five now saying they represent Jimmy Bullard. "I spoke to Alistair Mackintosh last week and got it from the horse's mouth what the position was. "I mentioned a figure to him, and he said it wouldn't be acceptable - so we move on. "There was no point on going any further because there was no common ground, and everything that is going around at the moment is untrue. We have moved on - that happened a week ago." Megson is looking to strengthen his squad during the transfer window and has targeted experienced professionals. But he will now have to turn his focus elsewhere after missing out on Bullard and admitting that he will not be offering a permanent deal to trialist Denilson.

Around Sky