Aston Villa 'fear the worst' over Jonathan Kodjia injury
By Zinny Boswell
Last Updated: 17/11/17 10:53am
Steve Bruce says Aston Villa "fear the worst" after Jonathan Kodjia aggravated his ankle injury while away on international duty with Ivory Coast.
Kodjia was forced off during his side's 0-0 draw against rivals Birmingham on October 29, after going over on the same ankle he broke back in April.
The 28-year-old, who has just one goal for Villa this season, is set to see a specialist in France after suffering a recurrence of the injury during training with his national side.
Bruce confirmed at a Friday press conference that the forward would miss out on Saturday's trip to play QPR at Loftus Road.
"He needs to see a specialist. It doesn't look good and we fear the worst. We know it isn't great, that's for sure," Bruce told reporters.
The Villa boss also confirmed he would be without forward Scott Hogan "for the foreseeable future" after he underwent stomach surgery.
Hogan had been taken ill following Ireland's 5-1 drubbing by Denmark on Tuesday night in the second-leg of the World Cup qualification play-off.
Midfielder Andre Green, who has undergone surgery on his hamstring, is progressing well as he continues his rehabilitation in the United States.
While Gabby Agbonlahor has just started his recovery after suffering a calf problem, his last appearance for Villa came in September in their goalless draw with Brentford.