Swansea boss Paul Clement says Gylfi Sigurdsson saga is unchanged
Last Updated: 06/08/17 2:49pm
Paul Clement says "nothing has changed" regarding the on-going transfer saga of Gylfi Sigurdsson, who remains a summer target for Everton and Leicester City.
Both the Toffees and the Foxes have had £40m bids rejected by the Swans, who have valued the Icelandic midfielder at £50m.
Sigurdsson was not selected for Swansea's 4-0 friendly win over Sampdoria on Saturday and the manager insists this is in the best interests of all concerned.
Speaking to Sky Sports News, Clement said: "No change since we last spoke. All parties would like it resolved.
"But my focus is on the players I'm working with and getting ready for the season.
"And it's best for everyone that he doesn't play in these [pre-season] games. But he's training every day with the squad and if the situation changes he is going to be ready for us."
Clement also confirmed that until Sigurdsson matters have been finalised, it was pointless discussing any other speculation regarding potential transfers.
Asked whether he may try and bring Wilfried Bony back to south Wales, Clement added: "I've seen that name linked, but until we get the current situation organised, then nothing's going to happen.
"So there's no point discussing the speculation about him or any other players we've been linked with."
Bony left Swansea for Manchester City in January 2015 but has never been a first-choice striker at the Etihad club.
And as for the rumour that Fernando Llorente could be re-joining Antonio Conte at Chelsea, having previously worked together at Juventus, Clement added: "I've heard that rumour every day since I joined Swansea.
"He's recovering from the broken arm he suffered on holiday, he's working hard to play for us and he was a key player for us last season.
"Without his goals last season the situation could have been different. We need him fit and ready."