EFL fixtures release date, opening weekend, Carabao Cup and play-off final dates confirmed for 2019/20
By Sky Sports News
Last Updated: 17/04/19 9:02pm
The EFL has confirmed fixtures for the 2019-20 season will be released on June 20 ahead of the season starting over the first weekend of August.
Fixtures for the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two will be made public from 9am on June 20, giving fans of all 72 clubs the chance to start plotting their travels for the new season.
Two for one football offer
See The Run In on Sky Sports with two football channels for the price of one.
The season will get underway on the first weekend of August, with a possible Friday fixture on August 2 ahead of a full schedule of games on August 3.
Those opening league fixtures will be followed just over a week later by the opening round of the Carabao Cup, which will get underway in the week commencing August 12.
That competition, which concludes on Sunday March 1, will be one of five to end with a final at Wembley Stadium.
The EFL Trophy, for clubs in Leagues One and Two, kicks off in the first week of September with the final taking place on April 5.
The season will conclude with the EFL play-offs, with the League Two final scheduled for May 16, the League One final on May 24 and the Championship final rounding off the campaign on May 25.
EFL 2019-20 key dates:
- Fixture Release Date - Thursday June 20 2019, 9am
- Start Date - Saturday August 3 2019 (with a likely live game on Friday 2 August)
- Carabao Cup Round One - w/c August 12 2019
- Carabao Cup Final - Sunday March 1 2020
- EFL Trophy Round One - w/c September 2 2019
- EFL Trophy Final - Sunday April 5 2020
- League Two Play-Off Final - Saturday May 16 2020
- League One Play-Off Final - Sunday May 24 2020
- Championship Play-Off Final - Monday May 25 2020