Skip to content

No new deal for Balotelli

Image: Balotelli: No contract talks

Massimo Moratti and Mario Balotelli's agent have cooled speculation that the striker is in line for a new contract.

Surprise greets rumours of extended contract for Inter striker

Massimo Moratti and Mario Balotelli's agent have cooled speculation that the Inter Milan striker is in line for a new contract. Balotelli is currently tied to the Serie A champions until 2013, but reports have claimed he will be offered a new five-year deal which would double his wages. However, Inter president Moratti was surprised by the rumours and says no talks have taken place regarding a pay rise for the 19-year-old. "I don't think that anyone has spoken about this possibility, because Balotelli already has his contract," said Moratti after Inter's 0-0 draw with Genoa on Sunday. "I don't know where this news came from."

Pure fantasy

The Italy Under 21 international's agent and brother Corrado also confirmed it is too early to discuss a new deal for Balotelli, who has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester City in the past. Corrado Balotelli told Corriere dello Sport: "Mario just has to focus on doing well on the pitch, as he has been doing so far, then we will see. "His deal ends in 2013 and it's too premature to talk about this. "In any case, the figures mentioned in the press are pure fantasy."

Around Sky