MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City are facing renewed pressure to keep hold of defender Eric Garcia amid interest from Barcelona.
- Real Madrid have entered the race for Manchester United and Chelsea target Jadon Sancho, according to reports.
- Liverpool's final game of the season at Newcastle could be moved to a neutral venue due to fears over home fans gathering to celebrate the end of Mike Ashley's ownership.
- Burnley manager Sean Dyche is unhappy with the club over their reluctance to extend the contracts of several senior players whose deals expire this month.
- Lazio's sporting director has revealed the club will be willing to listen to offers for midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic when the transfer market opens.
- Slow-motion VAR replays during football matches do not impact a referee's decision by making incidents appear more intentional, a new report claims.
- Arsenal will keep Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang until the end of his contract if they cannot get more than £20m for the striker.
- Jurgen Klopp has promised Liverpool will hold a title parade, no matter how long they have to wait for it.
- Promotion-chasing Preston face putting a handful of players into self-isolation in the build-up to the Championship restart after positive Covid-19 tests.
- Olivier Giroud admits his body is feeling the strain of training coronavirus-style.
- Jurgen Klopp has told his Liverpool players to wear masks and gloves when outside during the coronavirus lockdown.
- Everton are hopeful of staging the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park when the Premier League season restarts after requesting a meeting of the local safety advisory group.
- Manchester City vs Liverpool and West Ham vs Chelsea are to be moved to midweek due to the FA Cup.
- Tottenham have again been offered the chance to sign £18m-rated Inter Milan midfielder Matias Vecino.
- Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe is set to reject a move abroad to fight for his place.
- Striker Andy Carroll is in line for a key role when Newcastle resume their Premier League campaign against Sheffield United at St James' Park later this month.
- Real Salt Lake defender Nedum Onuoha admits he fears for his life in the USA.
- Premier League clubs have been warned to clamp down on spitting.
- Anthony Joshua admits his Tyson Fury fight might have to happen behind closed doors because of coronavirus.
- The EFL will not allow players who run out of contract this month to play for any potential new clubs this season.
- Five Barcelona players and two members of the coaching staff tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of a return to training but have now fully recovered.
- The Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward urged Premier League chief executives on a call last week to accept that relegation was an inevitability for three clubs if the league was to fulfil its obligations as part of Project Restart.
- Premier League clubs have begun considering how reduced numbers of fans might be accommodated next season, when neutral venues could also remain as a back-up option to complete fixtures.
- The Football Association is keen to complete this season's Women's FA Cup competition, even if it means playing games at the start of next season.
- Tottenham Hotspur are waiting to learn whether Jan Vertonghen will stay at the club until the end of the season as the defender weighs up his offers.
- Referees will use pitchside monitors only to check red cards when the Premier League restarts despite new official VAR guidance taking effect from this week.
- James Anderson is set to hand over around £4.75m to SPFL chiefs.
- Florian Kamberi looks to have played his last game for Hibs - but is set to miss out on a dream move to Rangers.
What the bookies say
- Transfer Specials
- Where will Jadon Sancho go?
- Neymar to return?
- Jack Grealish to depart?
- Play Super 6
Liverpool and other Premier League clubs have just days left to trigger Timo Werner's £49m release clause at RB Leipzig, but would he fit in at Anfield?
More Transfer Rumours
Transfer Centre News
The latest transfer news and rumours, with updates on Timo Werner, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Jadon Sancho and much more!
Everton to offer Baines contract extension
Leighton Baines is set to extend his Everton career into a 14th season after being offered a new one-year contract by the club.
Carra: Why Arsenal must risk losing Auba for free
Jamie Carragher thinks Arsenal need to keep hold of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, even if it means they risk losing him for free next summer.
Who has the best/worst PL run-in?
Ahead of the Premier League's planned return, what kind of run-in does your team face? Here's our guide to every side's prospects, on paper at least...
25-1: Best players never to win Champions League
Sky Sports look at the best players that never got their hands on the famous Champions League trophy…
How Pukki went to a new level
Teemu Pukki reveals how he went to a new level as a player once football was no longer his top priority.