Walsall vs Charlton preview
Last Updated: 05/11/18 1:21pm
Walsall boss Dean Keates could freshen up his side when they host Charlton in Tuesday's Sky Bet League One clash at the Bescot Stadium.
The Saddlers went down 3-1 at home against Burton on Saturday, when Keates had kept faith with an unchanged side from the win over Wycombe.
Defender Nicky Devlin, midfielder Zeli Ismail and Josh Ginnelly all came off the bench for the second half, and could feature again.
Ben Purkiss, who rejoined Walsall last week, continues his recovery from a neck injury, while Joe Edwards (knee) and Kory Roberts (broken leg) are both long-term absentees.
Charlton will assess striker Lyle Taylor, who has been carrying a hip problem so could be rested after being taken off during the second half of the win over Doncaster.
Midfielder Ben Reeves also picked up a knock, while Anfernee Dijksteel was forced off with a tight hamstring so will be monitored.
Defender Patrick Bauer and forward Billy Clarke are stepping up their recovery from respective knee injuries.
Left-back Lewis Page (hip) and midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey (knee) also continue in rehabilitation.
- Walsall are winless in six league games (D3 L3) against Charlton since winning 2-0 in April 2011 under Dean Smith.
- Charlton have only lost one of their last eight away league visits to Walsall (W3 D4).
- Walsall have lost three of their last four league matches (W1) - they had lost just two of their first 12 League One games this season (W6 D4 L2).
- Charlton haven't lost three consecutive away league matches since December 2017.
- Lyle Taylor has had a hand in seven of Charlton's last nine League One goals (3 goals, 4 assists).