Rafael Nadal to sue over drugs claims by French ex-minister
By Jefferson Lake
Last Updated: 14/03/16 2:58pm
Rafael Nadal has said he plans to sue the French ex-sports minister who claimed the Spanish tennis star failed a drug test.
Roselyne Bachelot claimed on French television on Thursday that Nadal's seven months out with injury in 2012 was "probably due to a positive doping test".
"I'm going to sue her, and I'm going to sue everyone who is going to comment something similar in the future, because I am tired of that," Nadal said at the Indian Wells tournament on Sunday night.
His agent confirmed to Sky Sports News HQ Nadal's plans to pursue legal action and said "(Rafa) wants justice".
"I am tired about these things. I let it go a few times in the past. No more," said Nadal, who has never failed a drug test in his 14 years on the ATP Tour and has always vehemently denied ever using a banned substance.
He said he had been reluctant to take people who accused him of using illegal drugs to court in the past, but has now changed his mind.
Nadal, the world number five, beat Gilles Muller 6-2, 2-6, 6-4 in the second round at Indian Wells on Sunday.
The former three-time Indian Wells champion moves on to face fellow Spaniard Fernando Verdasco in the tournament.