Skip to content

Dereck Chisora's heavyweight bout with Robert Helenius to be rescheduled

robert helenius & dereck chisora
Image: Dereck Chisora's bout with Robert Helenius is to be rescheduled

Dereck Chisora's WBC 'silver' heavyweight title fight with Robert Helenius on May 27 is to be rescheduled "due to a number of contributing factors".

The bout was due to take place at the end of the month at the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland but Chisora's promoter Nisse Sauerland says it will now be rescheduled for after the summer.

The London heavyweight lost a split decision when he first fought Helenius in Helsinki in 2011 and will now have to wait a little longer for his chance to avenge that defeat.

Finland's Robert Helenius (R), "the Nordic Nightmare", fights with Great Britain's Dereck Chisora, "Del Boy", during their heavyweight class European Champ
Image: Helenius beat Chisora on a split decision in 2011

''It is with regret that we have been forced to reschedule this event, but due to a number of contributing factors, this has been a necessary decision,'' said Sauerland.

''I would like to apologise to all the fans who were looking forward to a great spectacle on May 27, but we will deliver an even bigger and better event after the summer.''

Also See:

Chisora was narrowly outpointed by London rival Dillian Whyte in his most recent fight in December last year.