Adrian Newey exclusive: F1's top designer on his amazing career
Last Updated: 19/12/17 5:20pm
He has long been considered F1's greatest mind and Adrian Newey has now opened up about the highs and lows of his phenomenal four-decade motorsport career in this Sky F1 exclusive.
In a 40-minute interview with Natalie Pinkham, the designer behind a record 10 Constructors' Championship-winning cars touches on a wide range of topics, including:
- Being expelled from school and then being fired from one of his first F1 jobs
- His first championship successes in the 1990s and working for Frank Williams and Patrick Head
- Ayrton Senna's death in a Williams at Imola 1994, the aftermath, and the sense of "waste"
- Life under Ron Dennis and his former McLaren boss' stunned reaction to him painting his office
- How and why he left McLaren for Red Bull
- And why he has since turned down Ferrari
- The best drivers he has worked with - and the three champions he wishes he had
- The future of F1
It's an absorbing watch with one of F1's greatest-ever figures - just hit play on the video above to do so!
Adrian Newey's book, How To Build A Car, is now available.
Sky Sports F1 is the only place to watch every Formula 1 Grand Prix, qualifying and practice session live in 2018. Get Sky Sports F1.