Dereck Chisora still wants Dillian Whyte rematch after both heavyweights had fights called off
By Richard Damerell
Last Updated: 16/05/17 5:15pm
Dereck Chisora is willing to hold fresh talks about a rematch with Dillian Whyte after the heavyweight rivals had their fights called off on the same day.
'Del Boy' was due to battle Robert Helenius in Finland on May 27, but the bout was rescheduled because of a "number of contributing factors", while Whyte has pulled out of a June fight against Mariusz Wach after suffering a foot injury.
Book Brook vs Spence Jr online
You can now book the Sheffield bill, including George Groves vs Fedor Chudinov, here...
The British duo had sought out different opponents after failing to agree terms for a second fight, however, Chisora still wants to avenge his points defeat and is prepared to hold further negotiations with Whyte's promoter Eddie Hearn.
"I'm down for the fight. I'm ready to talk to Eddie Hearn if he wants to," Chisora exclusively told Sky Sports. "I want to do the fight. It's about Dillian Whyte, if he wants to do the fight?
He gets in the ring with me for this second fight, I'm going to destroy him.
"Listen, it's a simple fact, the last fight was great. My belief is he didn't win it.
"He gets in the ring with me for this second fight, I'm going to destroy him. There is no two ways about it, I'm going to destroy him."
Chisora had been training towards his second fight with Helenius, who defeated him on a contentious decision in 2011, and is confident he would be fit enough to face Whyte later this summer.
"This fight with Robert Helenius got cancelled but it don't matter, we move on," said Chisora. "This fight isn't happening, so how about we just do this.
"I'm in shape, he's in shape, we need to do it. I can fight in July."
Watch Brook vs Spence Jr, from Bramall Lane, Sheffield, May 27, live on Sky Sports Box Office. You can book the event online here.