Tyson Fury and David Haye will now clash in Manchester on February 8
David Haye and Tyson Fury will now clash on February 8 in Manchester, live on Sky Box Office.
Last Updated: 25/09/13 10:47am
The pair were scheduled to clash on Saturday before Haye suffered a gash on his forehead in sparring last week that required six stitches.
Both sides have worked hard to rearrange the huge domestic heavyweight scrap and a swift resolution has been made.
"News of the date in February is music to my ears," said Haye. "I was absolutely devastated this weekend, and felt as though I'd let a lot of people down. But now, with this new date, I couldn't be happier.
"My fans will still get the chance to see what they all wanted to see this weekend - they'll get to see Tyson Fury sparked out in a spectacular fashion."
Since news of the pull-out broke, Haye has faced criticism from sceptics, including Fury and his team, curious as to why he chose to spar just eight days before a blockbuster pay-per-view event. Yet the former two-weight world champion insists all was on schedule.
"Sparring eight days before a fight is nothing new or unusual," said the Londoner. "I've done this before fights in the past and never had an issue.
"Also, look at the history books. George Foreman sparred and got cut eight days before his 'Rumble in the Jungle' with Muhammad Ali - causing a six-week postponement - and Sugar Ray Leonard sparred and got knocked down five days before his fight with Marvin Hagler, but still managed to go on and win.
"These things sometimes happen in training, and to suggest I decided against wearing a head-guard, or that the cut was premeditated, shows a clear lack of knowledge and understanding."
Fury had been due to make his debut in the kick-boxing arena next month, while it was thought he may also fight again before the year was out.
It must now be doubtful that he will be in any kind of competitive action prior to February 8.