F1 Gossip: Putting you in the know
Last Updated: 21/07/15 11:56am
The latest unofficial news from the high-intrigue world of F1...
* Valtteri Bottas has moved a step closer to joining Ferrari in 2016 according to the Italian media who report a €12m fee has been agreed with Williams. (Full story)
* Jean-Eric Vergne has been linked with a race seat at Haas for 2016 as the team eye experienced drivers.
* Jenson Button admits he is unsure if McLaren will take up their option to retain him in 2016. (Full story)
* Jolyon Palmer aiming for 2016 race seat at Lotus after being told there could be an opportunity. (Full story)
* Aston Martin say it is improbable they will enter F1 after being linked with a title sponsor deal at Red Bull as part of a switch to Mercedes. (Full story)
* Red Bull boss Christian Horner has ended speculation about his future by signing a contract extension with the team. (Full story)
* Just six months after he signed a two-year contract extension with McLaren, Jenson Button's future has been plunged into doubt after The Sun reported that McLaren are 'looking to change their driver pairing’ for 2016. However, McLaren have dismissed the claim as 'tittle-tattle'.
* Gene Haas is eyeing experienced F1 drivers when his team debut next season, telling USA Today: “The drivers we would probably be getting are drivers who have gone to another team and aren't happy with that team's progress.”
* Didier Coton, one of Valtteri Bottas' managers, has denied holding talks with Ferrari and says his driver could stay at Williams for 2016.
* Valtteri Bottas has denied signing a pre-contract agreement with Ferrari but revealed he is out of contract with Williams at the end of the year (Full story).
* Former Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo reckons his successors at the revitalised Scuderia have been "lucky" given the failure of their rivals to challenge Mercedes. Montezemolo says "Red Bull has imploded" and "McLaren is in crisis".
* Ron Dennis has revealed Fernando Alonso signed a three-year deal with McLaren that doesn't contain any opt-out clauses (Full story).
* Maurizio Arrivabene won't rush renewing Kimi Raikkonen’s Ferrari contract to stop him 'falling asleep' (Full story).
* Bernie Ecclestone no longer eyeing return to V8 engines (Full story).
* Kimi Raikkonen has confirmed Ferrari have an option to retain him for 2016 (Full story).
* Sky sources understand that Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz's threat to quit F1 is "very serious" (Full story).
* Bernie Ecclestone's suggestion of creating an all-female world championship has received a mixed response (Full story).
* Helmut Marko says Toro Rosso could be recast in a yellow livery to give Renault more visibility in F1 (Full story).
* Christian Horner has admitted Red Bull may be forced out of F1 if engine suppliers Renault leave (Full story)
* Lewis Hamilton has reportedly demanded that the FIA release its findings into Fernando Alonso's crash (Full story)
* Bernie Ecclestone suggets his advisor Sacha Woodward-Hill should take over day-to-day running when he retires. (Full story)
* Kimi Raikkonen has indicated he will end to his F1 career when Ferrari deal expires at the end of the 2015. (Full story)