George Groves says he will rebuild and win a world title this year
Wednesday 20 January 2016 18:06, UK
George Groves says he will rebuild and win a world title at the fourth attempt by the end of the year.
The west London super-middleweight returns to the ring to take on Andrea di Luisa, live on Sky Sports on January 30.
Four months ago Groves lost his third world-title attempt on a split decision to WBC champion Badou Jack in Las Vegas.
And although he admitted he thought about walking away from the sport, Groves is now ready to go again and believes he still has what it takes to win a world title.
"The goal to become a world champion is still very much achievable," he told Sky Sports News HQ.
"I haven't delivered yet but I am not going to bury my head and give up.
"I've got a great promotional team, the Sauerlands. They got me the WBC chance that I unfortunately blew, but I won't make the same mistake again.
"There are a lot of good champions out there and lots of them want to be in big fights - and sometimes that means getting in the ring with me.
"We will be forcing the issue and I am pretty good at negotiating myself into big fights as well."
Groves also gave credit to bitter rival James DeGale - who he defeated on a split decision in May 2011 - admitting that he is "flying high and doing well" following his world title win last year.
He did not rule out a rematch with the IBF champion and believes it is one that he and boxing fans still want - but also backed his beloved Chelsea to beat DeGale's Arsenal on Super Sunday this weekend.
"James, to his credit, is doing very well at the moment," he said. "He's captured the IBF title out in the States, he was in Canada to defend it against Lucian Bute, so he's flying high and doing well.
"I am sure our paths will cross again at some point. If they do? Fantastic."