Amir Khan has revealed an x-ray showing the extensive surgery on his broken hand which has hampered him for 13 years.
The former world champion finally confirmed the long-term hand problem last month, admitting he had only been able to punch at '30 or 40 per cent' power.
Khan has since undergone a complicated two-hour operation where bone was taken from his hip and grafted onto his hand.
An x-ray image of the 29-year-old's right hand has shown the full extent of the surgery, while Khan also released a gruesome picture of the swollen fist, which has still helped him claim 19 stoppages in his 31 victories.
Khan, who previously held two titles at super-lightweight, has not fought since suffering a knockout defeat to Saul Alvarez in an ambitious bid to win the WBC middleweight title in May.
He plans to return in January, followed by a further fight in May, and has not ruled out a huge domestic clash with Kell Brook, who was stopped in the fifth round of last Saturday's fight with Gennady Golovkin.
"I want to fight again in January, then in May and again before the end of 2017," he told The Sun.
"I'm going to start training and make sure my hand is fully recovered. I don't want to rush into a fight at the end of this year.
A fight between me and Kell is not only a big fight in England, but it could be big globally.
"I want my next fight to be in Britain. I know it's going to have to be a tune-up, having lost the Canelo fight, and also having had the hand surgery."
Referring to his British rival, Khan said: "Welterweight is the weight for me and there are big fights out there still - including Kell.
"A fight between me and Kell is not only a big fight in England, but it could be big globally."